An oft-repeated and often heard question in conference rooms has been featured on Linkedin with comments spewing from all over.
The question is “Testing can be done by anybody….what’s your view?”. My response being –
- If soccer is a matter of just kicking a ball around then anyone can do testing.
- If testing is akin to the simplicity of blowing air into a balloon for a child then anyone can do testing.
- If coding is just about writing code by a technical junkie then anyone can do testing.
- If a samadhi can be taken by anyone after a year of attending yoga classes then anyone can do testing.
- If testing is all about just executing test cases written by whoever then anyone can do testing.
- If testing is equivalent to stamping an application ‘Delivered’ just like a postman would to hundreds of letters then anyone can do testing.
For those who pronounce it as such are either pretentious wannabes who cannot distinguish between swimming in the pool versus that in the ocean or fathom the dangers of it or just hallucinating smelly oldies past their prime not worth the chair they sit on. Beware and hey, bring out the tomb stones. Else if you cannot do the gory then smile and scat.
Here is the complete discussion. Enjoy!