A discussion on Software Testing Club about “My Approach to Testing” is raging and my response was as below.
– learning the application through whatever means;
– understanding the business from those who matter in so far as the application deals with it;
– balancing the conflicting priorities to try achieve more in less;
– try to make best choices even in the midst of a storm;
– marching and egging the people forward towards flag-posts in good times and more so in not-so-good times;
– fearlessly expose through testing what the world wants to hear and what they rather would not;
– continuing to be passionate and contaminate others;
– spreading the good word about testing learnt from masters after basking in it;
– being curious, wide-eyed, thinking, pragmatic, tough-as-nails, flexible and human.